Duplicating inspections can save you time for multiple similar properties, for example: numerous units in the same apartment, numerous townhouses in the same complex, or for the same house where nothing has changed since the last inspection.
We always recommend you are thorough when using duplicated inspection reports so that you don't miss any small details or copy anything property-specific over.
To duplicate an inspection in PM Inspect:
1. Schedule an inspection for the target property.
2. Open the existing report that you want to duplicate (you can do this by clicking the 'Completed Date' in either the Completed or History tab).
3. Click the 'Duplicate Property' button at the top of the screen.
4. A pop-up box will appear.
The property address that you are duplicating the report from will be listed in the first field.
In the second field, start typing the property address for the target property you already scheduled in Step 1. and select the address from the drop down list.
In the third field, select the scheduled inspection to copy the report details to.
Note: You can only duplicate reports to the same inspection type. Exit to Exit, Entry to Entry. Routine inspections cannot be duplicated.
5. Click 'Submit' - this process will take 10-15 minutes to process on our server for the new property address.
Note: If a warning appears it means you haven't scheduled an inspection for the target property yet. You must have a future inspection scheduled for the target property BEFORE duplicating the report.
You will then need to open the new report and add any additional comments or photos specific to that address, then click 'Draft' or 'Complete' to finish the report.