OurProperty will automatically create Annual smoke alarm contracts and submit to your preferred provider for you.
However, should you need to manually create a Contract and Service job, OurProperty also provides you with this option.
If the property does NOT have an existing contract, this process will also create and submit both the contract and service job to the tradie for their action.
If there IS a current service contract then this process will automatically update the next service job for the tradie as per the details in the request.
Step By Step
1. Mouse Over ‘Go Ahead’ from the left side menu and click on ‘Smoke Alarm’
Do not request a smoke alarm job or contract through The Go Ahead > New or Request > New
This will create a standard job which will not be connected to a contract or existing service job.
2. Type part of the property address in the address field and click on the correct property from the search results. This will connect the service job to the property.
3. Select the Service Type from the dropdown menu - by default this will be ‘Smoke Alarm Contract and Inspection’. Consult with your provider if you are uncertain.
4. Add a description of the issue if any
5. Select your provider in the Tradies list.
6. Edit the date for when the Job is Due.
7. Select if the service request is urgent.
8. Once you are happy with the details in your request, click on Submit to send to the selected tradie.
Watch our other videos in this series to learn more about OurProperty’s Compliance module.