Once an invoice has been submitted by a tradie you can then action the invoice in several ways. You can approve the invoice for payment by selecting from several options or your can dispute the invoice and request any changes from the tradie as required.
1. Open the job details page from either the Invoices column on the main dashboard or from the Invoices tab on the left side menu. The job details page will display all relevant details for the submitted invoice.
2. Review the Invoice description, work item details, work item prices and the total price, any photos or videos submitted and review any notes submitted by the tradie as well.
Once you are happy with the price and the details provided by the tradie, scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Approve button.
3. The Approve button provides you with several options:
Pay from rent:
Creates a pending payment in your trust program to be allocated funds and paid from rental monies. Complete all the details and click Approve.
1. Rate the job using the 5 star system for quality, cost, timeliness and communication. Move your mouse cursor over the stars and click to set your rating (you can select part of a star).
2. Tell us more gives you the option to add a comment about this tradie that other OurProperty users will see - this may help them decide if they want to use this tradie for their work.
3. You can also select feedback for the tradie using the dropdown menu. Select as required.
4. If you tick to select the Notify Landlord option, once approved, the system will send a courtesy notification to the landlord that you have approved the invoice for payment and provides the landlord the invoice details and the amount approved.
5. Split invoice (parts) gives you the option to split an invoice in to equal parts to the number you input in this field.
Example: If you input 4 in to this field for an invoice of $550, the system will split the invoice in to 4 equal parts and creates 4 pending payments in your trust program for $137.50 each.
Please Note: this does not create a payment plan. It simply creates pending payments split as you have selected and each will be paid as per usual once funds are available.
Pay from Bond:
Creates a tenant invoice in your trust program awaiting funds allocation. Depending on your agency settings, the tenant invoice may pay the creditor directly (Console only) or will pay back the landlord.
Complete all the details and click Pay from Bond.
1. Select the tenant responsible using the dropdown menu.
2. If you tick to select the Notify tenant option, the system will send a notification to the tenant advising the invoice is required to be paid by them from bond. Details of the invoice and amount is also included in the notification.
3. You can Split the Invoice in to equal parts if needed. This will create multiple tenant invoices to be allocated funds.
Tenant to pay:
Creates a tenant invoice in your trust program for the current active tenant for the property. Complete the details and click Tenant to pay.
1. If you tick to select the Notify tenant option, the system will send a notification to the tenant advising the invoice is required to be paid by them. Details of the invoice and amount is also included in the notification.
2. You can Split the Invoice in to equal parts if needed. This will create multiple tenant invoices to be allocated funds.
Landlord paying directly
Selecting this option to automatically send the invoice directly to the landlord for their attention and payment directly to the tradie.
Third party to pay
This option will mark the job as completed and will not create any payments for the invoice. You will need to ensure the payment is arranged and completed as required outside of the OurProperty platform.
Add any details, comments and notes in the red box and Submit.
If you need to forward the invoice, select the Forward Invoice option and complete the contact details required and then click on Submit.
The invoice and details will be sent to the contact details requesting them to pay the invoice.
Landlord has paid
This option will simply mark the invoice as paid by the landlord directly to the tradie. No further actions will be created and no payments will be created. Only select this option if you have received confirmation that the invoice has indeed been paid.
Tenant has paid
This option will simply mark the invoice as paid by the tenant directly to the tradie. No further actions will be created and no payments will be created. Only select this option if you have received confirmation that the invoice has indeed been paid.
Dispute the invoice
There may be times the details of an invoice are either incorrect or not detailed enough or the price is different from the quote or is not quite right.
The Dispute button gives you the ability to dispute the invoice, add your reason and requirements and to send back to the tradie for them to edit and resubmit back to you.
Clicking the Dispute button will open a popup window where you are required to type a reason why you have disputed the invoice.
This reason will be sent to the tradie so they know exactly why and what you require from them for the invoice to be paid.
The tradie can then edit the invoice as required by you and resubmit. The resubmitted invoice will show in your invoice column as usual where you can process the invoice approval.